Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Getting Around By Bike


So, I have been searching other peoples blogs. Looking over bikes, trailers, etc. trying to find the best solution for getting my family around by bike. We have no problem when Papa is around. He can tote the two little ones and we can work together to keep the two big guys on task. But, I need a system that will work when it is just me.

Me with my almost six year old

Boo on the Xtracycle and Baby in the trailer

Papa with his setup, one of my big boys on his bike, the other two boys standing around and a friend on his bike


Let me say that I have five very active children. My oldest is a 10 year old boy, then an almost 8 year old boy, almost 6 year old boy, almost 4 year old daughter and almost 2 year old boy. I would like for my oldest ones to be pedaling. They need to get their energy out and there is not any reason I should be toting them around. But I have my objections to both of them riding their own bikes. You know they say we lose brain cells with each child that we have. I'm not sure I have enough brain cells left to keep two crazy boys in line while also toting a hassle of them myself. They have a tendency to forget that the road is dangerous in lieu of fun and competition. I have some thoughts and ideas of my own, but none of them seem like the perfect solution. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions to give me something more to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment